October 5, 2017 Medvedev signed Government Resolution No. 1212 "On some issues related to the introduction in the Russian Federation of the electronic passport of the vehicle and the electronic passport of the vehicle chassis."
In this article I want to tell you more about e-passports of vehicles.
WHAT IS AN ELECTRONIC OB VEHICLE?
The electronic passport of a vehicle (hereinafter EPTS) is information about a vehicle and its owner, which is stored electronically in a special database. EPTS contains complete information about the vehicle from the time it is released from the factory (or from the time it was imported into the country) until the end of the "life" of the vehicle. EPTS is stored in the database indefinitely.
WHEN WILL EPTS TAKE SHAPE?
Beginning July 1, 2018, all vehicles newly issued for circulation in the territory of the Russian Federation (both new and imported cars from abroad) will be issued only electronic passports of vehicles.
WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO PAPER TCP?
Paper PTs will continue to operate until the end of their "validity period". For example, if the place in the TCP has expired (or in case of damage / loss), after July 1, 2018, an electronic ticket will be issued to you in the place of the paper PTA.
Also, at the request of the owner of the vehicle, an electronic one can be issued instead of a paper vehicle. Important !!! It is not allowed simultaneous registration of paper and electronic vehicles for one vehicle.
WHO WILL MAKE OUT THE EPA?
- manufacturers of vehicles in respect of new vehicles that are officially sold on the territory of the Russian Federation. This means that if you buy a new car (trailer) from an authorized dealer, then such a vehicle will already have an electronic vehicle registered by the manufacturer.
- by an authorized organization , with respect to vehicles imported from abroad. Also, the authorized organizations will form EPTS in case of damage / loss of paper TCP, in case the place in the TCP has ended, etc. Important!!! To date, the procedure and terms for granting to such organizations the authority to issue electronic passports for inclusion in a single register has not been determined to the end. At the moment, only customs services are included in the register of authorized organizations.
WHAT INFORMATION WILL BE CONTAINED IN THE ETA?
STATUS OF E-PASSPORT:
- - unfinished
- - active
- - canceled
- - canceled
- - recycled
Status "acting" speaks for itself. This means that EPTS is operational, but before buying a used vehicle, you still need to check information about restrictions on registration actions, pledges, etc. You can buy a car only if the EPTS has the status "valid".
Statuses "unfinished" and "extinguished" are more technical information for vehicle manufacturers.
The "canceled" status means that EPTS is canceled for any reason (in connection with exportation abroad, in case of detection of signs of forgery, concealment, destruction of identification number or frame number, in case of illegally executed EPTS, etc.).
The status "recycled" means that the vehicle has been disposed of.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE VEHICLE:
- for the new vehicles imported into the territory of the Russian Federation, the information specified in Appendix No. 3 to the Procedure for the Operation of Electronic Passport Systems for Vehicles (Electronic Passports of Vehicle Chassis) and Electronic Passports for Self-Propelled Vehicles and Other Equipment (hereinafter the Procedure) shall be filled in.
- in case of replacing the paper PTA with an electronic one, information shall be filled in at least the amount specified in Appendix No. 1 to the Procedure
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION OF AN INFORMATIVE NATURE:
- Information on the owner of the vehicle - an individual, provided on a voluntary basis, is entered in electronic passports in accordance with the Federal Law "On Personal Data" with the consent of that person to the processing of personal data, or
- information on the owner of the vehicle - legal entity;
- information on the payment of a recycling fee for a vehicle;
- information on the technical inspection of the vehicle (the data is transmitted by the technical inspection operator);
- information on restrictions (encumbrances) with respect to the vehicle (data are transferred by banks, bailiffs, etc.);
- Information on insurance of the vehicle and insurance events that occurred when using the vehicle (data are provided by the Russian Union of Motor Insurers and / or insurance organizations);
- information on road accidents;
- at will the owner himself can transmit such information as:
a) information on restrictions imposed by the owner of the vehicle;
b) information on the persons to whom the right to dispose and (or) use the vehicle was transferred, the terms and time of the transfer of such authority, the name and details of the document confirming the transfer of such powers (leasing, lease, etc.);
c) other information
WHO WILL HAVE ACCESS TO THE DATA CONTAINED IN THE ETA?
After the purchase of the vehicle, the owner at any time can receive an electronic PTS statement, which will contain information from Appendix No. 1 (add a link to the file) to the Procedure.
It should be noted that the potential buyer can receive only (free of charge) only information containing:
- status of EPTS;
- identification number VIN (frame number, cabin number) of the vehicle.
The law provides for receiving other data on a fee basis, but at the time of writing the list of information that can be obtained on a contractual basis is not defined.
HOW MUCH WILL EPTS COST?
If you buy a new vehicle, which is already designed EPTS, then you do not need to pay extra.
When applying for EPTS to an authorized organization, the cost of registration of EPTS will be 600 rubles.